Crossword Puzzle Levels 1&2
Keeping Our Underwater Highways Safe
- A method of identifying a location by forming a triangle with the unknown point and two known points.
- The buildup of sediment deposits on the river or ocean bottom.
- is done to remove dangerous shoals and keep our underwater highways safe.
- A term for when a ship strikes the bottom or runs ashore.
- Terrestrial map version of the bathymetric map.
Crossword Puzzle Answers
- A map that shows the contours of the bottom of a body of water.
- Lines on a bathymetric map connecting points of equal depth and representing the bottom surface.
- Type of surveying that measure depth and maps the bottom of lakes, rivers, or oceans.
- Type of hydrographic surveying equipment that uses sound to measure depth.
- Type of navigation that used star positioning.
- Soil that is carried into oceans, lakes, streams, and rivers and settles to the bottom.
Webdate: April 23, 2002
Comments/Whom to contact